Friday, April 6, 2012

Encouragement for Today: When Waiting is Hard

My sister sent me this devotional this morning. I had to share it! It was exactly what I needed to read. I hope you find it encouraging too.....

Encouragement for Today

Funny thing...our church is reading through the Bible, and yesterday I was reading about God picking David, Samuel anointing David, and then David going back to tend sheep, and later serving King Saul.
Yesterday, I thought about how David waited patiently and allowed God to prepare him for the job of King in his wait....never did I think about what God was really teaching me in these passages.

This devotion helped me apply that story to my own life....Am I being impatient? Am I allowing God to work on me in this time of waiting? Too many times I am impatient. I want things/people to act immediately. I will find peace and rest when I "let God do HIS work in my waiting season".

Happy Good Friday!


"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14 (NIV)

No comments: