Tuesday, March 27, 2012

MARCH CREATED FOR CARE 2012

I attend the Created for Care Conference in Atlanta, GA this past weekend. Over 400 women attended the conference. Created for Care is a conference created for women who have a heart for adoption. It is designed to encourage, equip, and bring rest to adoptive families. I can definitely agree that I was encouraged about our adoption journey. I learned so much about the adoption process, met so many women that gave me tons of great information, and learned more about loving my family and myself so I would definitely agree that I feel more equipped. Now the rest....we stayed up WAY TOO LATE and had to get up WAY TOO EARLY, but the time spent sharing our hearts and laughing was worth all the fatigue!

I traveled with 5 other ladies from North MS: Meaghan Gordon(Starkville, MS-adopting from Ethiopia), Mimi Shaw(Oxford, MS-domestically adopted baby James 7 months ago), Meredith Merrier(Oxford, MS-adopting from Ethiopia), Jill Carpenter(Oxford, MS-adoptiong from South Korea), McCall Aldridge (Winona, MS-has compassion and concern for the orphans of Africa).

We had the best time! I really enjoyed getting to know these ladies. We all have different backgrounds, stories, and we are all at different places in our adoption journey; but we all bonded on our common compassion for the orphans around the world.

Attached is a video from the retreat. I had the joy of meeting many of these women.



If you did not get an opportunity to go to the retreat this year...you must make plans to go next year!

1 comment:

The Bolens said...

I LOVED that video!!! And I'm definitely making plans to go next year! :)