Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Isaiah 42:16

I read this verse today, and I found comfort in God's promises. God will lead us when we are on an unfamiliar path, smooth out the rough spots on the journey, and He will always be with us.
I like to compare versions so I listed NIV and The Message

NIV
"I will lead the blind by ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them."

The Message
"But I'll take the hand of those who don't know the way,
who can't see where they're going.
I'll be a personal guide to them,
directing them through unknown country.
I'll be right there to show them what roads to take,
make sure they don't fall into the ditch.
These are the things I'll be doing for them—
sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute."

As the journey becomes less familiar, my trust and faith in God increases...He's the only one that knows the way.

No comments: